TEAMWORK - LEADERSHIP - COMPETITION - HEALTHY GAMING HABITS
Special Statement Regarding COVID-19: We know families are thinking carefully about registering for summer programs due to COVID-19. Our first priority is the safety of our staff and the community, so we are closely following and acting on recommendations being set by the CDC. Should Camp Localhost be cancelled you will receive a 100% refund.
Camp Localhost – esports day camps
Camp Localhost, powered by Nerd Street Gamers, takes a unique approach to competitive gaming. We use esports camps as a vehicle to help teach campers valuable life lessons such as communication, team dynamics, critical thinking, and computer knowledge.
Instructors will be narrowly focused on helping campers connect and grow their social and emotional behavior skills, not typically obtained in their own homes while playing video games.
The biggest differentiator for our camps is our staff. As leaders in the space, we are able to engage campers with role-model staff to help them learn and grow in a fun environment.
We care about accessibility. Please contact us for assistance.
The week-long structure of the camp is focused on gaming throughout various workshops. Each week of camp has a different workshop agenda so students can attend multiple weeks without repeating the same programming.
Sign up for multiple weeks to enjoy discounted pricing! Specialty pricing for siblings is also available.
weekly rate starting at
*Prices vary by location
9am - 9:30am stretching exercises
9:30am - 10:45am 3v3 gaming warm-up
10:45am - 11:30am workshop
11:30 - 12:30pm lunch
12:30 - 1:30pm league of legends
1:30pm - 2:30pm overwatch
2:30pm - 3:00pm free play
3pm Camp check out
early drop off and late pick up available
communication & team dynamics
Campers will practice and improve their communication skills through various challenges including:
- Playing team-based video games with no sound
- Walking teammates and partners through visual elements using descriptive language
- Identifying effective key words to use while communicating with your team during game play
COMPUTERS 101 - WHAT'S IN A PC?
An instructive talk and discussion about the main components of a PC.
- Campers will dissect a gaming PC and find out how these powerful machines work
- Basic knowledge on resetting computers and trouble-shooting
- Lesson on how the parts of the computer communicate with one another to make the entire machine work
Campers will be challenged to analyze stengths as well as weaknesses, and how to achieve victory strategically.
- Exercises outside of video games including using random items to solve a given problem
- Identifying an opponent's weakness and using it to your advantage
- Practice on being resourceful while competing in video games, and how to apply that to real life situations
Don't see your location? Bring Camp Localhost to your area!